CAiSE 2019 will be held in Rome, near the historical city centre and walking distance from the main train station.
Main Conference Venue
Auditorium Antonianum is a multifunctional structure in the heart of the city centre, where a variety of spaces of different shapes and seating capacities are available for company meetings, courses, conferences, product launches, exhibitions, displays, lectures, receptions, gala evenings, theatre performances and other events.
The main conference takes places in:
- “Auditorium” room, 280 seats configuration
- “Jacopone Da Todi” room, 60 seats
- “San Bernardino” room, 60 seats
Satellite Events Venue
The workshops and doctoral consortium will take place at DIAG – Dipartimento di Ingegneria Informatica, Automatica e Gestionale Antonio Ruberti (Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering), Sapienza Università di Roma, Viale Ariosto 25, 00185, Rome, Italy (see: how to reach the conference area).
Rooms available for satellite events:
- “Aula Magna” (100 seats)
- Room B2 “Marco Cadoli” (70 seats)
- Six rooms (A3-A7, B101), 35 seats each
How to reach the conference area
DIAG and Auditorium Antonianum are situated in a very well connected area of Rome, within one hundred meters from the Metro station Manzoni – Museo della Liberazione (line A). The easiest way to reach the CAiSE 2019 conference area is by underground (metro).
Rome is served by a metro, which has two lines, line A (red) and line B (blue). Both lines cross at the main railway station, Termini. The metro is open from 5:30 am until 11:30 pm every day, except for Friday and Saturday night, when the last train departes at 01:30 am.
A map of the underground can be downloaded from this link. Tickets can be purchased at the vending machines or at newspaper stands inside the stations. From Termini station, take line A (the red one) in the direction Anagnina. Get off at Manzoni (after two stops). To reach the Auditorium Antonianum (main conference venue) at Viale Manzoni 1, follow Viale Manzoni until the intersection with Via Merulana. To reach DIAG (satellite events venue) follow Viale Manzoni until the intersection with Viale Ludovico Ariosto, then turn righ until number 25.
Many sights are located in the surrounding area :
- Trevi Fountain : 3 Metro stops starting from Vittorio Emanuele station (direction Battistini)
- Spanish Steps : 4 Metro stops starting from Vittorio Emanuele station (direction Battistini)
- St. Peter’s Basilica : 7 Metro stops starting from Vittorio Emanuele station (direction Battistini)
- Colosseum and Roman Forum : 1 Metro stop from Vittorio Emanuele station to Termini station (line A). Then take line B (direction Laurentina) for 2 stops
- Circus Maximus : 1 Metro stop from Vittorio Emanuele station to Termini station (line A). Then take line B (direction Laurentina) for 3 stops