How to apply for the PhD Award
The deadline to apply for the CAiSE PhD Award 2019 is January 31, 2019.
The conditions to apply are:
- having participated as an author in a previous CAiSE Doctoral Consortium,
- having successfully defended the PhD thesis in the two last years.
The application should be sent to Selmin Nurcan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with:
- a copy of the defended PhD thesis,
- a support letter from the thesis advisor,
- the CV of the candidate.
About the PhD Award
The CaiSE’18 PhD Award 2019 will be granted to an outstanding PhD thesis in the field of Information Systems Engineering.
The award, co-sponsored by the CAiSE Steering Committee and Springer, consists of a certificatem a free full registration (5 days) to the next two CAiSE conferences and a book voucher for a free selection worth EUR 500,- from Springer’s printed books collection. In addition, the selected thesis will be recommended for publication as a monograph in the LNBIP series published by Springer.
The PhD thesis submitted for the award will be reviewed by a standing committee composed of the members of the CAiSE Advisory Committee, the CAiSE Steering Committee and the CAiSE Program Committee Chairs.
- 2018: Wei Wang, PhD from University of Queensland, Australia, thesis title “Integrated Modeling of Business Processes and Business Rules”
- 2017: Marcela Ruiz, PhD from the Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (Spain), thesis title “TraceME: A Traceability-Based Method for Conceptual Model Evolution” (link to the published monograph)
- 2016: Le Minh Sang Tran, PhD from University of Trento, Italy, thesis title “Managing the Uncertainty of the Evolution of Requirements Models”
The testimony of the 2016 CAISE PhD Award winner at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-vvlH66lC4